Human capital refers to the stock of competences, knowledge and personality attributes embodied in the ability to perform labor so as to produce economic value. The success of a company depends very heavily on the productivity and work performance of its human capital, its people. The ability to function and perform at a high level consistently is greatly enhanced by Employee Wellness Programs. Wellness Programs focus on the physical well-being of employees, looking after medical requirements and ensuring personal health is a priority and in return higher productivity.
Here are the top five reasons why your company needs an Employee Wellness Program.
1. Improved Work Performance
· Employees who participate in wellness programs have noted a substantial improvement in work performance.
2. Increased Responsibility
· Employees that feel like the company takes in interest in their wellbeing and health will take an added interest in performing their best.
3. Increased Productivity
· Studies show that when an employee is healthy they are more productive. Being healthy increases output, concentration, and energy levels.
4. Decreased Health Care Costs
· Simply put, healthier employees mean less claims resulting in lower premiums.
5. Reduced Absenteeism
· The benefit of a Wellness Program is that absenteeism will be significantly reduced, if not avoided all together. For a company this is the bottom line, reduced absenteeism equals a reduction in costs and an increase in productivity. Happier Employees!